Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Feiern auf der Straße (Street Party - Mannheim)

Today happened to be the last day of the celebrations of the Fasching in this region, and as a result most of the shops were closed by afternoon time, to make way for the street party. After coming back from Worms, I dropped my stuff and went out again, to check out the street party within the shopping district of Paradeplatz in the Innenstadt of Mannheim.

And boy it was quite happening. Babies, Kids, Teenagers, Adults and even the Elderly could be seen dressing up in costumes and dancing away! Every stage blasted music and the people just danced on the street as though Germany has just won the world cup. It seems to me that whenever there is a party everyone knows how to dress up and be real crazy. Even the aunties, possibly the age of my mother, are also dressed up!

German teenagers on top of the telephone booths.


In terms of costumes I thought this one was reallly cool. (The Military Uniform of East Germany)

Horny German girls?

Hmmmm......

No German party is complete without Sausages and Steaks stuffed in Bread. I had one myself too....

..... as well as Beer and Alcohol.. however during this period of the time, because of the cold weather, Glühwein (Mulled wine) is also very popular. Basically it is wine that has been boiled hot. I am not sure if any other things are added but it tastes to me like boiled wine. I'll still stick to beer.

When will the next party be? When school starts?

2 comments:

mindsville (: said...

yup... alot of nice pics u have here.. esp the streets and during dawn. really beautiful place!

btw how hot they boil the alcohol until? boiling pt of alcohol is about 28 degree celcius rite? haha.. and its flammable!

bs said...

hmm i am not sure about the wine how hot they boil until or what is the boiling point of alcohol.. but i am quite sure there is still alcohol when i drank it. it's quite powerful and strong... some of my friends got a little flustered after drinking it.