Sunday, May 25, 2008

Der Schwarzwald und Bodensee (Blackforest and Lake Constance)

Just came back from my hiatus from the south of Germany, at which the bulk of the places were spent at the towns at Schwarzwald area. It was great to actually visit these places which are easily overlooked by tourists, and I think I'd also not consider going there as well if I am not staying over at Seok's place the past few days. This is because although the places that I visited were within Baden-Württemburg (the same federal state as Mannheim), it took me 3 hours to go from Mannheim to Freiburg im Breisgau (where she lives) in order to use it as a base to move out. Although we came back every night dead tired, it was worth the "effort". And here's a quick look at the places visited:

Basel - one of the venues of the Euro 2008 matches and highly underrated Swiss destination.

Freiburg im Breisgau - small and beautiful German university town

Konstanz (Constance) -Looks touristic but wonderful place to do seasports and really resembles the Mediterranean.


Triberg - another lush town like Baden-Baden laid back against the Schwarzwald (Black Forest)

Last bout of travelling before mugging for exams

This will be my last time travelling because my exams are in 2.5 weeks time and its time to start studying, after which I have some days break before I receive another visit from Singapore. In 3 days, I did lots and seen lots with Seok, who's really an energnizer bunny I must say! I stepped onto Swiss soil for the first time, had grill for lunch facing the Bodensee (lake Constance), saw Germany's largest waterfall as well as the world's biggest Kuckucksuhr (cuckoo clock). The individual entries will be posted up during the course when which I get sick of studying in time to come.

No comments: