Friday, July 25, 2008

From Backpacking to Packingback

Die Tage in Deutschland sind gezählt (The days in Germany are numbered)

Just returned from another part of my backpacking. The places on my hitlist this time were Germany - Regensburg, Passau, Dresden; Czech Republic - Prague and Switzerland - Interlaken, Luzern, Zürich. It was a great experience, especially in Switzerland, not because I did all the touristic shit but rather I learnt alot from the places I been to, especially Interlaken. As I am damn tired now, I will blog about it in a seperate post. Cos I think Switzerland deserves a seperate entry of its own.

This will probably be the last big travel before my return back home. I have 1 extra day of Eurail pass left and most probably I might consider going to München to eat pork knuckles on Sunday or Baden-Baden to lie down naked together with other girls in the spa. Depends on how fast I clear all the administrative shit and pack up my luggage...

On a happier note, I received my grades for all my exams already and the transcript has already been prepared and sent to NUS already.

Out of curiosity I went to calculate my weighted average, although its not necessary to do so. And I was really surprised. I got a 1.64 for a weighted average! Which is like an A- standard in terms of NUS grades. And to think I was playing throughout the whole semester. In Singapore, to get this kind of grades I would have to make the library my second home. Not trying to gloat or sound smart here, but I did not expect to get such good grades when the semester started in February., especially for IT in service industry, the paper which I bullshitted all the way and could still get 1.0. Or even courses like German Financial Market or German Grammar which I took for fun without studying at all cos I did not intend to transfer them to NUS in the first place. Anyway I was laughing my head off when I read the transcript. If only my transcript for next sem in NUS will look like this.


Anyway, I am very happy with the grades, not only because they are far much better than what is required of an exchange student, but more importantly because I am toying with the idea of furthering my studies in a German-speaking country (Germany, Austria, Swiss) after I graduate and the grades attained during exchange will tell a story or two of what happened in Europe previously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats Boonsong on the wonderful grades. can't wait to see ya again! when are you arriving in Singapore? Joey.