Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Multi-tasking with a time constraint

I think I felt more busy after exams than during exam periods. I have yet to start cleaning and moping up the room, still in the midst of finalising the details of the Europe trip especially vis-a-vis directions, and of course I not started packing my luggage, given that I just started doing my laundry and my clothes are not dry yet.

On the other hand I was glad I was still able to find time to go spa yesterday with Malcom at the historic spa town of Bad Wimpfen. I have to say that the salt content in the water was very high like those in the sea, Since its a historic town, it implies that the town itself is made up of half-timbered houses.


Bäckeri Weinstube - Bakery and Wine Traven

For a 'late tea' at the bakery I had this white confectionary cream looking cookie with a ball of strawberry icecream. Actually the cookie was meant to be eaten like a how one would eat a bread, but it was my first time eating it and I was wondering how I should eat it when I saw icecream. But it turned out to be a ultra sweet combination. In the first place the cookie itself is already so sweet.

What was more interesting was perhaps our encounter with the restaurant manager at the Bahnhof. 9.90€ for Bayerische, American or Schwäbische buffet in which bookings have to be made 2 days in advance because they claim to prepare the food fresh. Speaking about Bayerische (Bavarian) food, I am so looking forward to going to München again because I am eat at this restaurant that serves great Pork knuckle and if I am in luck, the cute waitress might still be there.

Anyway back to the topic of the Europe trip, it seems that its so near but yet I don't seem to be well prepared for it. The two of my friends in Singapore however seem to be all ready for it, while I have not even read up on the places which I am supposed to be in charge. But anywhere I'd be away from the 20 June till 15 July and then away again before coming back to Mannheim to settle all the administration before going back home. So here are the places - Paris, Rome, Venice, Berlin, Prag, München, Madrid, Barcelona, Lausanne, Amsterdam, back to Münster to put up at my "German mother's" house, then stopping over at Köln before going back to Mannheim again.

And so these few days are especially tiring for me. Supporting Germany in the Euro, getting prepared for the trip has let me to sleep only 3 to 4 hours every night. On a happier note, I received my next result already for International Marketing. I did much better than I expected cos I really screwed up the final exam and ended up with a 2.3 and is really wonderful. I thought I would get something like 3 or 4.

No comments: